CURR ICUL UM VITAE
MarГa Lorena ZГЎrate
I happened to be created in La Plata, Argentina on November 18, 1971. We learned History in the nationwide University of Los Angeles Plata and ended up being user associated with performing Group on artistic History.
Before joining the Habitat Overseas Coalition (HIC) in Mexico City, we struggled to obtain 7 years in Argentina as being user associated with modifying and publishing group when it comes to Centre for Environmental Studies and Projects Foundation (FundaciГіn CEPA, Centro de Estudios y Proyectos del Ambiente), the Latin American Forum for Environmental Studies (Foro Latinoamericano de Ciencias Ambientales)-UNESCO seat on Sustainable Development, as well as the journal Environment (Revista Ambiente).
I’ve been staying in Mexico City since June 1999 and I also joined up with the HIC-Latin America (HIC-AL) regional group in 2000, collaborating with Fomento Solidario de la https://hookupdate.net/ferzu-review/ Vivienda (FOSOVI) along with other businesses of this Mexico Habitat Coalition (CHM). I’ve been the Coordinator for the HIC-Latin United states Regional workplace since 2003.
My indigenous language is Spanish, we talk and compose English and French, and I also understand and read Portuguese.
Regional Workplace Coordination, HIC-Latin America
Main obligations consist of:
- General administration, coordination and utilization of local and worldwide tasks beneath the auspices of varied donors, along with drafting reports that are necessary
- Organization, coordination and involvement in HIC local, nationwide and meetings that are international such as the Board and General Assembly;
- Preparing, involvement and followup of HIC regional, nationwide and events that are international particularly the World personal Forum, the Americas personal Forum, additionally the World Urban Form;
- Organization of training activities for HIC and networks that are related
- Ongoing communication and help for regional HIC user businesses in Latin America, as well as in other areas (Spanish-, English-, French- and Portuguese-speaking users) to produce, implement, monitor and disseminate tasks and tasks in a cooperative way;
- Developing and strengthening of links with other local, nationwide and networks that are international like the execution and diffusion of typical tasks, such as for example promotions, occasions, research projects, and magazines;
- Composing center point electronic bulletins and articles for HIC regional and worldwide sites;
- Coordination and modifying of local, nationwide and HIC that is international, including involvement in French-Spanish, English-Spanish and Portuguese-Spanish translations.
Regional and Overseas Projects
Help towards the HIC-Latin American Regional Secretariat. Coordination of methods, agendas, action plans for social motions, technical groups, grassroots companies, NGOs, and academics to advocate for policies in popular housing and habitat, because of the aim of enhancing housing conditions among low-income communities. Misereor, Germany, 2001-2003, 2004-2006, 2007-2009, and 2010-2012.
Individual legal rights connected to habitat in Meso-America. Project developed resistance approaches for neighborhood companies and communities threatened by the Panama Arrange while the possibility for forced displacement and rights violations that are human. In coordination with Silvia Emanuelli (HIC-AL). Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Germany, 2003-present.
Regional Venture on Ladies and Housing: Constructing Dignity. In coordination using the Observatori DESC (Barcelona), HIC General Secretariat and HIC-Women and Habitat system for Latin America (Red Mujer y HГЎbitat). Supported by ACCD and DiputaciГі de Barcelona, Spain, 2007-2008.
The social creation of habitat and also the straight to housing and also to the town in Latin America: Strategic instructions for HIC action that is regional advocacy . 12 companies and 7 cities/countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico and Uruguay) took part in this task, with preparation, evaluation and monitoring conferences in Caracas, Montevideo, Buenos Aires, and BogotГЎ. Sustained by Oxfam-Novib, The Netherlands, 2005-2008.
Task to help advocacy processes for policies pertaining to the production that is social of. Sustained by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, Sweden, 2007.
Overseas task from the social creation of habitat: Conceptual development, instance studies, help instruments and policy advocacy that is public. The project included HIC that is diverse and HIC figures in the centre East, Africa, Asia, European countries and Latin America. InWent, Germany, 2003-2005.
Regional task to bolster society that is civil the understanding of individual legal rights associated with habitat. 10 businesses and 5 cities/countries, including Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico y Uruguay. Preparing, monitoring and assessment conferences in Buenos Aires, MГ©xico, and Los Angeles Paz. Supported by Oxfam-Novib, Holland, 2003-2005.
Г– Participated into the core group for the HIC institutional evaluation: reviewed the dwelling for the coalition, including HIC-Latin America (June 2006-April 2007). Organization and involvement in workshops at international and local amounts, in addition to planning of industry visits. Involved with developing terms of reference for assessment as well as in coordinating the main assessment documentвЂ™s final interpretation.
Г– Organization, coordination and followup of HIC internal conferences at local and nationwide amounts in Latin America, also causing worldwide coalition conferences.
Г– Development, outreach and strengthening of links with businesses, motions and systems that really work on housing and habitat dilemmas regionally and internationally. Among alternative activities, this can include general public notices, press outreach, general public occasions, promotions, document development, urgent action appeals, magazines and action-research.